Wow! $49, $79 or even $99 for a whole house air duct cleaning. That’s amazing! No… I mean it … really amazing. To think you could pay an experienced, certified air duct cleaning professional with the best equipment to come and clean your entire air system (that can take 2-4 hours to do) for next to nothing. Almost feels like there’s a catch, doesn’t it?
Sadly, there is a catch. If you are looking to have your air ducts cleaned, you’ve probably seen coupons in the paper, mail and online with companies saying they can clean your home’s air ducts for $49 to $99 a for a whole house cleaning. But when you read the fine print and compare the level of service offered with a reputable air duct cleaning specialists with honest, upfront pricing… you will start to see the picture that your “BIG DEAL” is actually not that great.
Watch Date Line NBC’s Chris Hanson Files – Air Duct Cleaning Scams Part 1 and Part 2 to get full story from a credible, independent source.
To help you shop and find the best deal without compromising the service is to asking the right questions.
1) Are you NADCA Certified?
2) What type of equipment do you use?
3) What is included in your special or price?
4) Does this price include the entire air system? (Unlimited vents, returns, blower, coils and furnace)
5) Is there a possibility of any other charges for the service? (i.e. additional items of the air system, deodorizer, sanitizer, etc)
6) How long will the service take from start to finish to complete?