• Make sure the company is a member in good standing of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
• See if the company has been in business long enough to have adequate experience.
• Get proof that the company is properly licensed and adequately insured.
• Verify that the company is certified by NADCA to perform HVAC system cleaning.
• Make sure that the company is going to clean and visually inspect all of the air ducts and related system components.
• Avoid advertisements for “$99 whole house specials” and other sales gimmicks.
• Ask if the company has the right equipment to effectively perform cleaning, and if the company has done work in homes similar to yours.